Babies will love these lentil balls. I say you should definitely try it. They look both delicious and great. 8+ months in terms of material, but 9+ months in terms of eating difficulties.
Note : These lentil balls are a great finger food alternative for babies with their small size, softness and fun shape. If your baby has switched to finger foods, these balls will definitely be of interest.
- Lentils are boiled in a small pot with two tea glasses of water. The amount of water is important for not keeping the consistency of the meatballs. When the lentils are cooked, there should be little water left in the pot. (If the bottom of the pan remains dry when your lentils are cooked, add a little water.)
- Fine bulgur is added to the cooked lentils in the evening with a slightly watery consistency. Cook for another 3-4 minutes until the water is absorbed.
- This mixture is put on hold and the onion and garlic are chopped into tiny pieces and sautéed in water in a separate small pot or pan.
- Sauteed onions, garlic, olive oil, finely chopped parsley are added to the lentil and bulgur mixture, which is rested for 15-20 minutes and kneaded.
- It is shaped by hand rolling to form tiny balls not exceeding 1 cm. It is fed to babies with pleasure.
Click here for the recipe for Bulgur with Green Lentils and Carrots (10+ Months) .
Click for the recipe for Green Lentils with Minced Pasta (8+ Months) .