Taste and texture are just like the lentil soup in restaurants. Putting the garlic and reducing the onion worked very well. Potatoes to prevent the flour from frying. But little.
The recipe is family size in quantity. Because it appeals to everyone's taste. After separating the salt without salt for your baby under 1 year old, throw salt at the last. That's what I used to do when babies were little. Let's move on to the detailed schedule. I say detailed because the way of cooking is a little different and I believe very much in the role of cooking on taste. If you follow any different with these ingredients, it will produce a different taste. The way of cooking is very important.
Note : If olive oil is used instead of butter in this recipe, milk becomes an allergic recipe.
- 2 cups red lentils
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 small potato
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 spoonful butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt for over 1 year old
- (Since I don't have time to soak the lentils) Boil the lentils in plenty of water for 3-5 times. (About 1-2 minutes is enough when it starts to boil.) Drain and wash with plenty of water.
- Let's start cooking the lentils with oil, salt, about 2 liters of water. If we put too much water at this stage, we have no chance to save it, attention!
- After 15 minutes of boiling, let's chop the potatoes, onions and garlic randomly and throw them away, let's cook them completely. The aim here is to cook the onion and garlic too much from the very beginning and not make them bitter. Continue cooking until all the ingredients are fully cooked.
- Let's pass the cooked soup through the hand blender until it becomes homogeneous.
- Let's cook for 5 more minutes after the blender so that the foam on it is gone and the taste settles.
- Good luck to the whole family.
Do you have a baby/child who likes to eat soup with bread? Then listen to my suggestion and try our baby rusk, which goes great with this soup. It's much more than normal bread crumbs :) You can click here for our baby rusks with olive oil, yogurt, mild spice, whole grain, and mother's hand .
Or you can click here for our einkorn bread made from 100% Einkorn Flour with sourdough, especially appealing to the whole family .